Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I've never done this before but I thought I'd join! Jamie over at The Prepetual Page-Turner is hosting this extensive survey lol. I'm only doing the first and last part :P




1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers... I was super stoked for this release, bought it on Kindle when it came out, and it took me like two weeks to read it. It wasn't creepy, it wasn't scary, the writing was weird and the ending was just... uhmph. And not in a good way. And Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy, that cover is amazing and the blurb sounded interesting but it just wasn't.
 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? 
Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo. I mean it sounded interesting enough but the meaning and the way it made me think after I was done wasn't what I was expecting!
 4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan. Uhm just a warning, I'm a huge fan girl over this book :P
 5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
Marriage to a Billionaire and The Violet Eden Chapters. I mean, I knew I'd like Embrace but I'm so curious to know where this series goes! And the Marriage to a Billionaire series is probably my favorite erotica series at the moment. The boys are just so... flawed! 
 6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Sophie Kinsella! I've been trying to read all her books! 
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
This goes back to I've Got Your Number. I haven't read much chick-lit and I haven't read any British chick-lit but this totally kick started that! 
 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?*cough* Unspoken LOL. Spell Bound for obvious reasons and I would probably say Amber House was as well. It definitely satisfied my creep craving!
 9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
*whistles*
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
I love how creepy this cover looks! It's not like creepy where I wouldn't want to look at it... I can't stop looking at it!


I love this cover. It's so mysterious and creepy!
11. Most memorable character in 2012? 
Jared Lynburn *rawr*
 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Huh. I don't really know...
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012? 
Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf...
 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read? 
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White! It's been on my TBR for like the last two years lol.
 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012? 
I. Have. A lot! I'm not going to go search for them all as much as I really really want to lol.
 16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012? 
I'm not so sure... I read a lot of eBooks so I don't get all intimidated lol!
 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
The ending to Unspoken!!!!! OMGOMGOMG!!!! And the ending of Of Poseidon by Anna Banks!!!! WHAT_IS_THAT?!?
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Again... Kami and Jared from Unspoken because it was just so weird. Like how would you feel if your "imaginary friend" was REAL? WTF. I don't know how I'd even cope!
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins.
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
I don't know! My friend kept telling me to read The Fault in Our Stars and I avoided it because I hear it gives you FEELINGS but I bought it! Drat, wish I had read it before 2012 ended!

-------------------
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz & Ron Bass and The Splinders by Lauren Oliver
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins, Unheard by Sarah Rees Brennan, Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield, The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler... there's a lot!
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I want to do better with my challenges and review books within 24 - 48 hours of reading them. I want to spend more time making friends and getting involved in the community like I use to. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment