Thursday, October 4, 2012

Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy
The Crescent Chronicles #1
Release Date: August 16th, 2012 -- Self Published
Details: eBook
Genre: Young Adult > Paranormal > *secret*
Source: Bought for Kindle
Summary (Goodreads):

Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.




First of all can we just admire that amazing cover art? It's fantastic right?

Flight takes place in New Orleans. Which appealed to me because I'd love to visit it someday. Allie has just taken on a summer job to help at her dad's hotel but it seems like he wants her there not to spend more time with her but to introduce her to the hotel business (which she's not interested in, he's one of THOSE dad's). She brings along her friend Jess for company.

There were a few things that bothered me about this read. For one, Jess. She really got on my nerves. She was selfish, irritating and just out of control. All she ever wanted to do was flirt and drink and didn't care even in the slightest about how slacky she made her best friend look when it came to work. She had absolutely no respect for anyone! Another thing that bothered me was Levi. I'm all for a guy who thinks he's hot but Levi just took it to another level. Like dude, it IS possible for a girl to NOT be into you! Along with all part where he basically does something totally uncalled for to Allie he just was NOT my favorite person. I didn't like the way the paranormal aspect was introduced. It seemed rushed, incomplete and abrupt. I wish it was stretched out a little bit more. Also the whole kidnap scene seriously creeped me out and made me a little sick.

I did however like how the author explained New Orleans to us, it felt like I was right there with them on those humid nights. I also liked all the talk of delicious New Orleans food! Owen was one of my favorite characters because he provided not just insite but he was really relaxed all the time. I also really liked Hailey. I thought she was a wayyy better friend for Allie than Jess and I hope we see more of the friendship between Hailey and Allie in future books!

For the most part I did enjoy this read and I really liked the new paranormal element introduced but there were seriously times that Levi made me just want to call it quits. I do plan on continuing to the next book in the series, I just hope Levi looses some of his ego by then!

Just a warning this book has some talk about drinking and a lot of sexual situations.       

0 comments:

Post a Comment