Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers
Release Date: December 21st, 2010
Details: 224 pages, paperback
Series: Nope
Source: Author (Thank you Courtney & St. Martin's Griffin!)
Rating: 3 out of 5
Summary (goodreads):

From the author of Cracked Up to Be and Some Girls Are comes a gripping story about one girl’s search for clues into the mysterious death of her father. 

When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of whyWhy when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Cullen seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but are some questions better left unanswered?




o0.| My Thoughts |.0o

I didn't really know what to expect when I started reading this book. I've heard so many great things about Summers (I actually own both Cracked Up To Be and Some Girls Are) so I guess I was expecting more than what I got.

The book circles around death. The death of Eddie's father. And it's mentioned so much that there's no way you could ever forget it. But that's how Eddie feels. There's no way she can forget this. It haunts her, it follows her, she's consumed by it and by a single question, why? And the lengths she goes to get her answer.

It's so easy to get caught up in Eddie. She's a relate-able character. She has the same thoughts that anyone else would have if they had to go through what she's going through. I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of Beth through out the book, not until the very end. Maybe she isn't so horrible, maybe she just doesn't know what else to do either. Maybe this is her way of coping. I really really liked her best friend Milo. He was such a sweetheart and it kind of irritated me how blind Eddie was to how much Milo cared and why he hid the things he did from her. I don't really know how I feel about Culler, I guess I just expected more from his character.

I was totally looking forward to the big twist everyone was talking about. I think reading that there was a big twist ruined the twist. Sorry in advance to anyone I just ruined the twist for. I didn't think it was that epic.

I enjoyed Fall For Anything but sadly not as much as I thought I would. It's a great book about a girl coping with her loss and it's easy to relate to because at some point we've all lost someone. Maybe not exactly the way she did... but I know for me, I've been trying to piece together a broken friendship and I find myself going back to our old conversations or old blog entries or even to the places where we hung out to try to find some sort of answer to why it's gone now. And that's exactly what Eddie did. The ending left me unsatisfied because there was no answer, but the more I thought about it... the more I realized that's just life. There really isn't an answer most times. And maybe I was just disappointed because I want answers just like Eddie does.

*Amazon link provided will direct you to my associates link. Proceeds will help fund future giveaways for this blog. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment