Friday, August 13, 2010

Naked by Megan Hart
Release Date: August 1, 2010
Details: ebook
Source: NetGalley
Series: No
Rating: 4 out of 5
Summary (goodreads):

I can't give my heart to a man who's so... 



unconventional. 







His last sexual relationship was with a married couple. It's enough that my ex-fiancĂ© preferred men, I can't take that chance again no matter how much my body thrives on Alex's touch. I can't risk it, but I can't resist it, either. 







Alex can be very convincing when he wants something. 







And he wants me.


REVIEW:
Naked is a novel I've been itching for since I saw it on NetGalley, and after awhile, I finally got it. Whoohoo! 

I didn't know what to expect when I first started reading it... but I wasn't expecting it to open with her at a party at her gay friend's house. It got a little confusing in the beginning, trying to remember who was who and who was with who and who Alex was. I did love the concern and friendship she shared with Patrick in the beginning and I absolutely loved Teddy. But towards the end, I couldn't stand Patrick. I couldn't stand scenes with him in it because I knew it would lead to irritation.

Patrick reminded me exactly of my own gay friend who was conniving and jealous every time I had a new boyfriend. I couldn't help but feel for Olivia every time he said something totally uncalled for. And I was proud of her for the way she handled the situations with Patrick. She deserved better than his friendship and she deserved so much better than what he put her through in the past.

I loved Alex's character. He was mysterious, sexy and damaged. I have a thing for mysterious damaged guys. I hear he's in another Megan Hart novel, I haven't read that one but they go over it briefly in Naked and since I hadn't read that novel, that whole scene came as a huge surprise to me. I'm actually glad I didn't read it first!

All in all, this is a great novel, even if you took out the steamy scenes. And I think that's what makes a great erotica, when you can look beyond the steamy scenes and still appreciate the story behind it. There was a lot of intensity in this book as far as Olivia finally getting things and Alex facing his demons. I only wish we knew more of where this journey will take both Olivia and Alex.


*Thank you to NetGalley for giving me an opportunity to read this novel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment