Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Finding Cinderella by Collen Hoover
Hopeless #2.5
Release Date: Oct 14th, 2013 by Atria Books
Genre: New Adult > Contemporary
Source: Bought for Kindle
Find It: Amazon || GoodReads || B&N
Summary:
This novella is a companion novel to the Hopeless series, but can be read as a standalone.

A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.

Unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.





While I've had Hopless in my Kindle TBR for like ever, I've never actually read it. Then I came across this thinking it may or may not be some sort of new age retelling. It wasn't. Not even a little bit. But that's okay because I still fell in love with Daniel and Six.
They meet under really strange circumstances but I liked the way they rolled. Keep the lights off, not know who the other person is, just enjoy this moment for what it is. Say goodbye and don't ask questions. Preserve the memory. Something like this doesn't happen in everyone's lives and to have something like it to hold on to... maybe it's just me, but I think it's kinda special and romantic.

It was obvious who Daniel's Cinderella was the moment she walked into the scene but still, waiting for them to realize it was the kicker and Daniel did so very well. 

"Daniel, there's a woman in the booth behind you changing her baby's diaper on the table. You're about to kiss me and the last thing I see before your lips touch mine is a woman wiping her infant's ass."

"Six. Look at me." She brings her eyes back to mine and we're finally close enough that I could reach her mouth. "Ignore the diaper," I command. "And ignore the two men in the booth to our left who are swigging their beer and watching us like I'm about to bend you over this table."

Daniel... Daniel... Daniel seriously, what a freakin sweetheart. He didn't do anything extraordinary or amazing but just the way he was was something else. And I couldn't understand why Six spent so much time trying to push him away. Whatever she decided to do, I'm sure Daniel would be fine with. Cause that's just the kind of guy he is. However when the big secret was unleashed, I think he kinda overreacted. I mean within reason of course, but still. Cut the girl some damn slack. Geez.

"Daniel," she whispers.
I groan and drop my forehead to hers, touching her cheek with my hand. "You make me love my name so damn much."

Six is who I had a problem with! I mean, sort of. She seems like an awesome down to earth kinda girl who would turn me lesbian if she gave me a chance. Uhm. Yeah. But I was turned off by the way she was always down talking herself. How she was always calling herself a slut and shooting off proof that she was. The story didn't dive too far into why she thought that way or what happened really but it was a little excessive at times.

I'm so glad this could be read a stand alone since I hadn't read the other books but now I want to! 



.... did I mention the ebook is currently free? GO GET IT. NAOOOO! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment