Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Neverwas by Kelly Moore, Tucker Reed & Larkin Reed
The Amber House #2
Release Date: Jan 7th, 2014 by Scholastic Press
Genre: Young Adult > Paranormal > Ghosts
Source: For review from author
Find It: Amazon | GoodReads | B&N
Summary:
"I was sixteen the second time I had my first kiss...."

At the end of AMBER HOUSE, Sarah made a choice that transformed everything--and now she must choose it all again.

Things are very different--better--for Sarah and her family: her Aunt Maggie grew up; her parents are happily married; her grandmother died after a long, productive and respected life. But other things are different too, and not for the better.

After growing up in the free country of the Pacific Northwest, Sarah Parsons has settled in at Amber House, the stately Maryland home that's been in her family for generations. But the world surrounding the House feels deeply wrong to Sarah. It's a place where the colonists lost the 1776 Insurrection, where the American Confederation of States still struggles with segregation, and where Sarah is haunted by echoes of a better world that she knows never existed.

Her friend Jackson shares these visions of a different world--and together, they manage both to remember the way things ought to be, and to plan a daring mission that will reset the universe once again. Sarah must figure out what has changed, and why, and how she can fix it--how she can find her way to another otherwhen.





Remember when I read and reviewed Amber House and loved it? And I thought it couldn't get any better? I was kinda sorta... wrong.

It's going to be a little hard to write this review without spoiling the first book so if you haven't read it... please exit this review. I'm only saying it because I care!!

Neverwas takes place right after Amber House. Except.... things are a little different now. Because Sarah woke Maggie up while saving her little brother Sam, everything is different and no one except Sarah and Sam remember a time that now is neverwas. But something big is happening, something that can change the lives of those around them in a drastic way and Sarah has to find a way to change time again to stop it from happening.

The cool thing about reading this was that because it's been so long since I read the first book I forgot the little details but as Sarah was remembering what happened in the first past, it's like I was remembering it right along with her. I felt like Sarah and I had a moment. Sam is a smart boy and I wish Sarah would just listen to him more often. Sure the things he's saying aren't making much sense but Sarah, sweetie, the things happening aren't making much sense either. I liked having Maggie around this time as well, her secrets! And this version of Jackson was enjoyable, I just wish he wasn't keeping secrets from Sarah.

Neverwas was full of suspense and it kept me flipping the pages. I wanted to know who Amber was (which by the way, anything having to do with her was just down right creepy. Honestly, I had to take breaks from writing this review thinking the book over cause it creeped me out) and what the heck was going on! There was a lot of drama and not a lot of romance which I really liked. The mystery behind Amber House and the fact that Sarah can see echos is such an interesting concept. 

I really enjoyed this installment in the series and I can't wait to see what will happen in the next book.

Oh also, this one ends with a cliffhanger. If you think Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan was bad well, this one is just going to make you angry haha. 

* Thank you so so so so much to Tucker Reed for contacting me! I love this series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment