Thursday, December 20, 2012

No Mistletoe Required by Jeanette Murray
Release Date: November 5th, 2012 by Carina Press
Details: ebook
Genre: Contemporary > Chick Lit
Source: NetGalley (Thank you NetGalley & Carina Press!)
Summary:

Dan Beckins isn't sure how he let his best friend con him into volunteering to build Santa's Winter Wonderland at the local hospital. He's got no problems with charity work, but anything Christmas-related is off-limits ever since he lost his parents on Christmas Day years ago. The only bright spot is working with smoking-hot Anna Smith.

Anna Smith loves Christmas and volunteering at the hospital is one of her yearly highlights. She had leukemia as a teen and then a breast cancer scare in her mid-twenties, and is now operating under a self-imposed rule that she can't have a relationship until the doctors give her a clean bill of health.

A little fling might be permissible, though, and sexy lawyer-turned-carpenter Dan seems like the perfect candidate. But when chemistry flares and the two start forming a real connection, will Anna run away before like turns to love?






No Mistletoe Required is a relativity short read. It's almost about as long as a novella. 

It follows Dan who's all bah humbug about the holidays which is pretty justified when you learn why. I'd be pretty torn up about it too but I don't know if I would go as far as ignoring Christmas! It also follows Anna who basks in the holiday spirit. But she's bah humbug about relationships when it comes to her "deadline" for also a pretty justified reason when you learn why.

(I think the blurb is a bit spolier-y, when I read it I had no idea what it was about really so everything was a surprise)

Both Dan and Anna have their secrets and their baggage and they both seem to be pretty determined to get the other person to let it go (except for the part where Anna won't tell Dan her secret which was pretty unfair... if you ask me) and move on with their lives.

Unfortunately there isn't much more I can say about this read. It was a nice holiday read to get you in the spirit!

And okay, I read it awhile ago so I besides the basics, I don't remember much else :P but hey, at least I'm being honest! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment