Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood
Release Date: July 4th, 2012 by Novelicious Books
Details: eBook 
Genre: Fiction > Romance & Chick Lit
Source: Bought for Kindle
Summary (Goodreads):
Your bum does not look big in that dress.


Mmm, it tastes delicious!



Of course you’re better looking than Jon Hamm.



Newly engaged Natalie Butterworth is an easy-going girl. She’ll do anything for a quiet life and if telling a few teensy white lies keeps her friends and family happy, then so what? It’s not like they’ll ever discover what she’s really thinking… 



Until one night, thanks to a pub hypnotist, Natalie’s most private thoughts begin to bubble up and pop out of her mouth. Things get very messy indeed. Especially when some sticky home truths offend her fiancĂ©.



Natalie must track down the hypnotist before the wedding is officially cancelled. So along with bad influence bestie Meg, Natalie finds herself in the Yorkshire Parish of Little Trooley - a small village bursting with big secrets, nosy old folk and intriguing Wellington-wearing men.



When the girls get stranded in the village with no means of escape and no way to break the hypnotist's spell, Natalie is forced to face the truths she has been avoiding her whole life...







Yours Truly is one of the most frustrating, entertaining and snarky reads I've read all year. I don't read much Chick-Lit (though I always tell myself I should!) but I couldn't resist this novel with it's adorbs cover and light, fluffy blurb. 

Natalie is a people pleaser. She's about to marry a man who makes no sense and she lets people walk all over her since she can't stand to hurt peoples feelings. But while doing this, she's preventing herself from being happy. From living her life, from having the wedding of her dreams! It was SO frustrating to see Natalie just go with it and for everyone around her to tell her to "stop being selfish" when she was hardly being selfish or rude. If I was Natalie, I would be punching people in the face left and right.

Olly was probably just as frustrating. The guy would require you to shower before sleeping with him and had a weird obsession with asking you if it was good. If you need to ask ME if YOU were good, I would be convinced you have some self esteem issues you need to take care of before sleeping with me again. But you know, that's just me. But really, the guy was ridiculous.

After the hypnotist show I know Natalie hated that she couldn't lie to people anymore  and that her life was "spinning out of control" but I think this was good for her. She finally got to tell people what was on her mind and finally tell people to back off when they needed to! She saved herself from marrying someone who wasn't meant for her and went on this remarkable and embarrassing adventure that would change her life.

I absolutely enjoyed Yours Truly. The pacing was perfect; it was entertaining and it had enough going on to keep me turning the pages. Natalie was snarky and I really really liked the British slang that was going on! I will definitely be looking forward to more of Kirsty's novels!

"Well I think I like it," she eventually declares. "You look exactly like Tracy. May she rest in peace."
Tracy was our childhood Tabby Cat.

How dare he? How dare he jump on my mother's pain, on my past and label me like that. It's one thing to critise me, but another to make a comment about my family. Only I'm allowed to do that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment