Thursday, August 30, 2012

Try Me by Olivia Cunning
One Night with Sole Regret #1
Release Date: June 26th, 2012 by Olivia Cunning
Details: eBook -- 85 pages
Genre: Erotica > Contemporary > Rock Stars
Source: Bought for Kindle
Summary (Goodreads):

For the five sexy rock gods of Sole Regret, finding love is easy, keeping it is hard.

Melanie has no desire to meet the members of the rock band, Sole Regret, but her groupie of a best friend gets them both backstage and then rushes off with the band’s lead singer. Left alone at an after party with a bunch of scary tattooed and pierced metal-heads, sheltered Melanie is relieved when the only normal-looking guy in the room insists on keeping her company.

By the time Melanie discovers that Gabe is the band’s drummer and not as normal as she assumed, she has already made a complete fool of herself. She can’t help but be interested in him, not as a rock star, but as the sexiest man she’s ever encountered. Strangely attracted to his hidden tattoos and body piercing, she wonders what it would be like to spend a night with a bad boy.

Gabe is more than willing to show sweet Melanie there’s more to him than meets the eye. All she has to do is try him. Will they only share a single night of passion? Or will their hearts entangle as quickly as their bodies?

Try Me is the first erotic novella in Olivia Cunning’s One Night with Sole Regret series.

Contains explicit sex, graphic language, and a hot rock star with a naughty and inventive mind.






When I heard Cunning was coming out with a new rock star series who was I to not pick it up? After all, I do love my Sinners! 

Sole Regret is filled with rock stars with their own badass back story and their own broken pieces. Try Me introduces us to the band as well as Force/Gabe. And I couldn't think of a cuter person to introduce us to this new world with!

Melanie is being dragged to a concert she could care less about by her "best friend" Nikki. I use the term loosely because she's not really my favorite person for dragging her friend to an event she could care less about and lying to the band members/bouncer to get backstage. Disgusting move Nikki! So after Nikki ditches Mel for the lead of Sole Regret she's basically on her own. That's when she bumps into Gabe not knowing he's actually Force from the band. But he played a really cool cat despite her ranting lol.

I couldn't help but really really like Gabe. For one, the guy was in drumline! As someone who was in band their whole middle school/high school life I find this really hot. And he's a bit of a geek, a closet geek which is cool too. 

The romance between Mel and Gabe was cute. Adorable. I loved it!

The only thing I didn't love was that this book was so short! But even if it is equivalent to 85 pages there's enough in there to hook you for the next book. I do hope we get to see/learn more about Gabe!



He'd heard of muti-orgasmic women -- he'd even fucked a few -- but this was ridiculous.

LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I love Olivia's books!!! I thought Try Me was a good little book to keep me on my Olivia Cunning fix untill Double Time comes out. :) Great review and quote.

    ReplyDelete