Wednesday, July 4, 2012



Waiting on Wednesday 
is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


The Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy by Nikki Loftin
Release Date: August 21th, 2012 from Razorbill

S u m m a r y :
When Lorelei's old school mysteriously burns down, a new one appears practically overnight: Splendid Academy. Rock-climbing walls on the playground and golden bowls of candy on every desk? Gourmet meals in the cafeteria, served by waiters? Optional homework and two recess periods a day? It's every kids's dream.

But Lorelei and her new friend Andrew are pretty sure it's too good to be true. Together they uncover a sinister mystery, one with their teacher, the beautiful Ms. Morrigan, at the very center.

Then Andrew disappears. Lorelei has to save him, even if that means facing a past she'd like to forget – and taking on a teacher who's a real witch.

What Lorelei and Andrew discover chills their bones – and might even pick them clean!
via Goodreads ]


Reason for waiting:
Anyone else wonder why middle grade/children's books have super long titles? They sure do catch my attention though! This one sounds interesting, they had me at "bowls of candy on every desk" and "gourmet meals" lol. Also who's this teacher who's "a real witch"?? I'm always interested in the little adventures and quirks in MG! 

5 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds interesting. The book cover kind of reminds me of Monster House. Great pick!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! It definitely does sound like the books I used to read in middle school. Ah, fond memories! ♥

    I do know what you mean about MG/children's books having long titles! I never really thought about it before, but now that I am, I can totally see that!

    Thanks for stopping by booknook :) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ashley Haha yeah I just noticed it recently! It's amazing how publishers find a way to fit a long title on a book cover and still make it look interesting :P

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. @Frishawn Aww lucky! I requested it twice and they denied me both times lol! But I think I waited too long!

      Delete