Monday, July 2, 2012

I was going to write a Monday Movie Review but I didn't really have one that would really match the book I'll be reviewing this week and sometimes I'm sort of weird like that. So I decided to do a Me & Monday instead because it's been awhile since I did and I wanted to announce...

July will be dedicated to Middle Grade!

I'm pretty excited about this, I've been meaning to cut back on reading books for review and read more Middle Grade but I instantly feel guilty so I decided to set aside a whole month to just Middle Grade titles. The only thing that sucks is that I wish I had more time to review two books a week instead of just one but you gotta do what you're capable of doing at the time! Also, mid-July I'll be doing a giveaway for a copy of Chris Colfer's new book. I haven't figured out if it will be signed yet or not, that depends on my bookstore.

But other things that have been going on...

  • We "adopted" a kitten and hubby named her Snow (after the FFXIII character)! She's super teeny tiny and she loves cuddling up next to hubs and sleeping. 

  • I got a new job as a Travel Agent :D :D :D I'm super excited about this!
  • I finished Math I (finally) and barely passed, but I passed!
  • I start Math II tomorrow and I'm not excited. Five week and I won't have to take math ever again!
  • Hubs and I have been catching up on Once Upon a Time and it's so much more intense than I thought it would be!
  • Can you believe it's already JULY?! I'm excited it's almost Fall! :D
  • I desperately need to clean out my bookshelves!
  • I'm thinking of changing the layout to this blog. I've had this Wizard of Oz one up for about 2 years now and while I still LOVE it very much, I think I need to move on. I'm sad. Seriously.
  • I've been doing a good job of convincing myself I don't need more books. It's been working for the last 3 weeks (hence the lack of Books & Beauty features). Let's hope it still goes strong lol.
How was your week? What's on your agenda for the following week?

6 comments:

  1. A travel agent sounds like such a fun job! Now you get to think about vacations all day, every day. Jealous! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alissa Haha yeah, it sounds fun! I'm still trying to get everything together and I keep getting more and more excited lol!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the new job!!

    Oh my gosh! Your kitty is just adorable! Love the name too! I just want to cuddle it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jennifer Thank you! She's a handful! I forgot how active (and how hard it is to catch) a kitten is!

      Delete
  3. BABY KITTY!!! SOOO CUTE! *new follower* loving your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jenna (I think that's your name, correct me if I'm wrong!) Thank you! And welcome :D

      Delete