Monday, May 14, 2012

The Avengers
Released: May 4th, 2012
Studio: Marvel Studios, Paramount Pictures
Run Time: 2hrs 24mins
Source: Watched in theaters
Summary (IMDb):
Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army.









For the record, I'm not going to go into super Marvel background here or really give you a very coherent review regarding the movie (but I will try).

I always do this to myself, I tell myself I don't want to watch a movie (I'm not big on movies) and I wouldn't enjoy a real life people Marvel movie (I grew up with the cartoons, for some reason having real life people play these characters is just... weird) but every time I go in, I end up LOVING the movie. I dove right into The Avengers.

What I wasn't expecting was how fast paced the movie would be. 2 hours and 24 minutes? Awfully long don't you think? This movie felt about as long as a blink of an eye. It opens up with Black Widow (I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of the idea of Scarlett Johansson playing her, but she was a pretty darn good Black Widow), then switches over to Bruce Banner (I LOVE Mark Ruffalo but he didn't seem to fit "The Hulk" profile for me, but again, he was a pretty damn good Hulk) and from there you're launched into action, action, action! 

They did have a mini window to introduce the characters to you, to give you an idea of what the threat was and what they were planning to do about it. While the plot seemed a wee bit predictable, it did not effect the experience of the movie at all. 

I loved how the characters came together, I loved the action, I loved the supporting characters, I loved how deliciously evil Loki was and as with any Marvel movie, I loved the humor and snark. 

I'm not familiar with Thor but I loved his passion for Earth and how he wants nothing more but to protect Earth and its people. I don't care what anyone says, Tony Stark is the smartest asshole on the planet. I walked away from the movie with a slight huge crush on Captain America. I'm not a fan of who they casted for Hawk Eye, simply because I imagined him to be a little younger, but Jeremy Renner was pretty badass. Agent Phil Coulson? He was pretty awesome himself. 

The only thing that got me was the turn around twist they had going on with Hawk Eye and Black Widow. If you know what I mean. It's not a huge spoiler, but I still refuse to say it lol.

Even if you're not into action movies or movies with no romantic element I would still highly suggest this movie if you haven't seen it already. It's fast paced, it's entertaining, it's the perfect movie to sweep you away at the end of the week. 



Steve Rogers: Big man in a suit of armor, take that off, what are you?
Tony Stark: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist...

Thor: I don't care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother.
Natasha Romanoff: He killed eighty people in two days.
Thor: He's adopted.

LOLOLOLOL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment