Release Date: September 13th, 2011 by Wiley, John & Sons inc
Details: 288 pages, paperback
Source: Amazon Vine (Thank you Amazon Vine!)
You'll learn how to maximize the full potential of this amazing blogging and lifestreaming platform as you create your first post, make your Tumblr blog unique, create your own custom themes, and more.
- Introduces you to the exciting world of Tumblr, the popular web publishing platform
- Walks you through posting quotes, links, photos, audio, and more
- Addresses finding and installing themes, using a comment system on your Tumblr site, and integrating third-party content
- Demonstrates how to create your own custom theme, network in the Tumblr community, and modify your Tumblr themes with HTML and CSS
- Explains ways to integrate Tumblr with other services, including Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr
Amazon || Goodreads
o0.| My Thoughts |.0o
Tackling Tumbler does a good job of explaining every step of starting your own Tumblr account. It also spends a chapter explaining all the different theme's available, which is exactly what I was hoping for! But for someone like me who is familiar with setting up a Tumblr account, the beginning chapters weren't things that were new information.
What I really liked about this book was that the last few chapters were dedicated to explaining step by step how to build your own theme. Tackling Tumblr does a good job of explaining CSS, even for CSS beginners like me!
If you're looking for a good resource book about starting your own Tumblr, I would definitely give this one a try.