Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
Release Date: May 24th, 2011 by Simon Pulse
Details: 250 pages, paperback
Series: No
Source: S&S Galley Grab (Thank you S&S!)
Rating: 2 out of 5
Summary (goodreads):
Abby accepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible. 


Until the accident. Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her. She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen. Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could...



o0.| My Thoughts |.0o


As a fan of Elizabeth Scott, I was excited to hear that she was coming out with a new title and I was even more excited when I was offered the chance to review it through the S&S Galley Grab.

I don't really know what I was expecting with this novel but I can honestly say, this wasn't really it. I guess I was expecting Abby to be a little more angry than she was, I expected her family to be a little more complicated. I wasn't expecting Abby's entire life to revolve around her sister Tess. I wasn't expecting her to be obsessed with waking Tess up even though she felt second best to her when she was around (or awake rather since Tess moved away to college ages ago). I get that Abby was insecure, but when every other sentence is about her comparing herself to her sister for 250 pages, it gets a little frustrating. And to be honest, her obsession with Tess was disturbing! Poor Eli! I woulda freaked the hell out! I also think that after Abby found out the "truth" about Tess, her overreacting about Tess' life had absolutely nothing to do with her!

As far as Eli, I didn't really understand what his purpose in the book was. I get that he was a pretty face with his own personal problems but they just didn't really seem to fit into the plot. I was intrigued by the fact that Eli had OCD, as someone who has OCD I wish we had known more about Eli.

I finished the book feeling unsatisfied. We never really find out what happens to Tess. Nor does she wake up anywhere in the novel. Another thing that bothered me was that there were far too many dashes and unfinished sentences/thoughts between the characters. I'm not saying that the sentences were completely cut off, just that Abby would often change her thoughts mid thought. Kinda confused things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment