Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Release Date: February 1st, 2011 by Harlequin Teen
Details: 348 pages, paperback
Series: Book #3 in the Iron Fey series
Source: ARC from Publisher (Thank you Harlequin Teen)
Rating: 4 out of 5
Summary (goodreads):
My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.





o0.| My Thoughts |.0o

Meghan Chase, we meet again!

What can I say about this book without spoiling it? Honestly, I don't think there is a way to review this without including spoilers. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS BOOK/SERIES STOP READING NOW!

It's been awhile since I read this, so bear with me! 

The Iron Queen picks up where The Iron Daughter left off (was anyone else expecting a novella between the two?) and of course, something call's Meghan back to the Nevernever. Yes, ban your daughter who is the only one who can save your world then call her back. Real classy. If I was Meghan I would had been like "HAH!" but no, Meghan is much more caring than I am. 

I'll be honest, at first, I wasn't really feeling this installment of the series. I guess it was because there was too much Ash/Meghan and not enough Puck. And when there was a scene with Puck, he was always in a sour mood. Which made me in a sour mood. Kind of weird how that works, right? Also! That scene where Meghan finds out that Puck was "lying" to her this whole time and totally blows up on him? Uncalled for! I wanted to smack her myself. He was protecting you! Why is it so hard for her to see that? No one is after you! Well, besides your boyfriend's twisted brother and the Iron King. Poor Puck, he didn't deserve that!

As always, there was a lot of action. And since there was a lot of action, there would be some training. Meghan and Ash really need to work on their communication skills. Ash's bi-polar emotions gave me a headache. You want her to protect herself, you want to protect her and have her not fight even though you just spent all that time teaching her. I mean, come on man. GET A GRIP! I have to admit, I did like that Ash talked more and showed more emotion. Verified he wasn't a robot. And his proposal (not marriage guys, calm down) was very noble. I don't think Meghan fully understood his intentions and that made me sad for Ash, and made me want to smack Meghan.... again. I have to admit, she did do a lot of growing up in this book and she took charge like we all wanted her to, I should cut her more slack. The girl can't be perfect and she was just thrown into this world. Not to mention she's not even old enough to vote. Oh the pressure!

The ending made me tear. I don't know why, but it just did. Well, close to the ending, if it had ended there it would had been EPIC. I was sad to see Grim go, just like Meg was. And I loved Razor, what a cutie! Glitch wasn't so bad either, in the end. The (real) ending left us hanging for the next book The Iron Knight and I can't wait to see where this one takes us!

o0.| Favorite Line |.0o

I actually left my book at my parent's house so sadly I can't quote my favorite lines :(

*Amazon link provided will direct you to my associates link. Proceeds will help fund future giveaways for this blog. 

2 comments:

  1. I know i'm totally team puck too, but, really Ash in the beginning of this book was such a sweetheart! he actually talked and showed some emotion other than sourpuss..but i agree i missed the fun puck antics i think this one was my favorite out of the series so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how this would be kinda disappointing from team puck perspective, but I am team ash and totally loved it.
    Thanks for review.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete