Monday, January 17, 2011

Tangled
Released: November 24th, 2010
Studio: Disney
Run Time: 100 minutes
Source: Theater
Summary (IMDb):
After receiving the healing powers from a magical flower, the baby Princess Rapunzel is kidnapped from the palace in the middle of the night by Mother Gothel. Mother Gothel knows that the flower's magical powers are now growing within the golden hair of Rapunzel, and to stay young, she must lock Rapunzel in her hidden tower. Rapunzel is now a teenager and her hair has grown to a length of 70-feet. The beautiful Rapunzel has been in the tower her entire life, and she is curious of the outside world. One day, the bandit Flynn Ryder scales the tower and is taken captive by Rapunzel. Rapunzel strikes a deal with the charming thief to act as her guide to travel to the place where the floating lights come from that she has seen every year on her birthday. Rapunzel is about to have the most exciting and magnificent journey of her life. 




o0.| My Thoughts |.0o

This movie captures Disney perfectly. I was itching to see this movie since they announced it but I always put it off (I'm not really into movies), but my husband insisted I just go see it. And it's Disney so I knew I had to see it eventually.

I don't know what took me so long.

This movie is amazing. Seriously. Rapunzel is an adorable character. She's good hearted, caring, curious, bouncy and she hurts. Just like everyone else. She has a lizard companion (who's name I don't remember) and he's rough and tough for such a small thing! Flynn was humorous, a selfish bandit gone good. And I think this is probably the first time you'd see that in a Disney movie. The chemistry between them was simply enchanting. And adorable. Mother Gothel was another creepy villain (The Shadowman being the first), I absolutely hated her and I hated how Rapunzel trusted her with all her might. The song that Mother Gothel sings kind of reminded me of the song Ursala sings in The Little Mermaid. Maybe it's just me, but that's what I instantly thought of.

The movie itself was, like I said, amazing. The adventure, the betrayal, the romance, it was all heart warming and made you (or maybe it was just me) feel like a big bowl of MUSH by the time the movie was over. Seriously, I was mush you guys. And like I said, I think it captures Disney perfectly. The magic, the heart warming-ness and of course, dreams can come true. That's what I was thinking by the time this movie was over, that it emphasized on going after your dreams and that they can come true.

Jackson Pearce had a vlog not too long ago that followed the Disney films and how it changed with the times and now that she mentioned it, I find that to be pretty true. Especially in this movie, Rapunzel was no damsel in distress. She wasted no time smacking Flynn upside the head with that frying pan and she knew what she wanted and how she was going to get it. That very applies to women today.

And now I'm rambling. I loved this movie and if you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for?!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this movie too! So sweet! Amazing. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie. A lovely twist on the Rapunzel story.

    ReplyDelete