Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Glutton for PleasureGlutton For Pleasure by Alisha Rai
Published: March 17th 2009
Details: Kindle edition
Source: Amazon.com
Summary (goodreads):

Devi Malik knows how to heat things up. She does it every night as head chef in her family's Indian restaurant. Her love life, though, is stuck in the subzero freezer. Now, with a chance to fulfill a secret fantasy with her long-time crush and his brother, it's time to put her desire on the front two burners.

For Marcus Callahan, a love-'em-and-leave-'em attitude isn't only a necessary evil of their kink. It's a protective device. Lately, though, his brother Jace has been making noises about craving something more.

Jace's dissatisfaction with their lifestyle grows with every glimpse of sweet little Devi. Yet Marcus is too haunted by the pain of their shared past to give love a chance.



I'm usually not a fan of threesomes (it felt so wrong writing that here!), they usually end up being over done or just start not making sense anymore. I was a little hesitant to read this one but after reading Veiled Desire and Veiled Seduction I decided to read more of Alisha Rai's writing and honestly, I'm glad I read this one!

Devi is a chef at her family's restaurant. She's a little insecure, inexperienced and she considers herself to be the least attractive one out of her and her two other sisters. Devi comes from a very strict, old fashioned and close family. So when her older sister sets her up with Jace, I don't think she had any idea what she set her baby sister up for!

I loved Devi! I loved that she was a chef, that her house was always nice and clean, how good of a person she was and how easy she hurt. I also loveloveloved Jace! I loved how sweet he was, his hope in forming a relationship with Devi and his loyalty to his brother. I wasn't a huge fan of Marcus, he was so damn stubborn through anything and everything! There were a few twists and turns in the story which had me gasping and re-reading the sentence just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Speaking of, I wasn't a fan of Devi's older sister either, I seriously wanted to reach through the Kindle and slap her silly!

Glutton For Pleasure was a quick and interesting read, definitely one of my favorites by Alisha Rai. Even though I don't enjoy reading about threesomes, this book (do you call ebooks books?) was a definite pleasure to read!

Favorite Line:
"She didn't even kiss me good morning, yet."
"You were too busy pissing me off."
- 27%


Jace raised his eyebrows. "Yeah? Which one?"
"Um, I don't know."
"The Tiger? The Pearl? The Rabbit?"
"Vibrators don't have designer names. It's not like it's a Gucci purse."
Jace sighed, humor twinkling in his eyes. "Everything has designer names."
"It's purple, and it vibrates, and it makes me happy. That's all I care about."
- 48%

0 comments:

Post a Comment