Tuesday, November 19, 2013

After Eden by Helen Douglas
After Eden #1
Release Date: November 5th, 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Genre: Young Adult > Paranormal > Time Travel
Source: NetGalley (Thank you NetGalley & Bloomsbury!)
Find It: Amazon || GoodReads || BN
Summary: 
Eden Anfield loves puzzles, so when mysterious new boy Ryan Westland shows up at her school she's hooked. On the face of it, he's a typical American teenager. So why doesn't he recognise pizza? And how come he hasn't heard of Hitler? What puzzles Eden the most, however, is the interest he's taking in her.

As Eden starts to fall in love with Ryan, she begins to unravel his secret. Her breakthrough comes one rainy afternoon when she stumbles across a book in Ryan's bedroom - a biography of her best friend - written over fifty years in the future. Confronting Ryan, she discovers that he is there with one unbelievably important purpose ... and she might just have destroyed his only chance of success.






After Eden is about a girl named Eden who has a best friend named Conner. Conner is on the verge of making a remarkable discovery, one that will ruin the future if Eden can't prevent it from happening. To make things even more weirder? A new boy named Ryan transfers into their school who happens to know about this discovery and its outcome before it actually comes true.

The characters were decent enough for me; I do feel though that as soon as Ryan stepped into the picture Conner was a jerk from there on out and it seemed out of the blue. I mean, wow, super jealousy much? Why couldn't he just sit down and talk to Eden like a normal person? The romance between Eden and Ryan was slow enough paced for me and they were really sweet together.

The ending was crazy. I was not expecting that to be how it went down. In the end I think Eden did what was right. Ryan's outcome however... while I think he did a very noble thing I can only imagine what trouble he will be facing once he goes home. While this book has time travel in it, it's not a book based on time travel.

I read this awhile ago so the details are a little fuzzy to me but I did enjoy this book a lot more than I thought I would!

0 comments:

Post a Comment