Sunday, December 9, 2012

 Christmas Cupid
Released: December 12th, 2010
Studio: Gaiam - Entertainment
Run Time: 90 minutes
Summary (IMDb):
Christina Milian stars as high powered Hollywood publicist, Sloane, who finds herself haunted by the ghost of her recently departed infamous client Caitlin, played by Ashley Benson (Pretty Little Liars). With just days away from Christmas, Caitlin takes Sloane on a journey to meet the ghosts of her ex-boyfriends from the past, present and future to try and guide her to true love, in a modern-day take on Charles Dickens holiday classic story of A Christmas Carol.              







I was browsing Netflix late last month to build a Christmas movie playlist and they had a bunch of ABC Family movies I had never heard of, taking a quick glimpse as the blurb I added this to my instant queue (does anyone else think that word is weird?). Fast forward to last week when I was browsing my queue to watch a movie. I hadn't noticed it when I added this movie but it stars Chad Michael Murray?! Uh yeah, totally picked this to watch first.

Christmas Cupid is a lot like Ghosts of Girlfriends Past but in reverse. Sort of. And I guess Ghost of Girlfriends Past is a lot like Christmas Carol which by the way, I've never seen and I need to. 

Sloane is very involved in her job. It's pretty much the only thing she "has". She's "dating" a co-worker whos dad owns the company but who's to say if she actually likes the guy. She's not exactly selfish or against companionship, she would just rather concentrate on work than on spending time with her mom or being a true friend or surrendering to truly loving someone. I mean, nothing wrong with that if you know, you're happier that way. So her client dies in a very tragic strange way and now she's haunting Sloane with the whole "you'll be visited by 3 ghosts and you must change your ways". Of course Sloane doesn't get it. Like, duh hello. 

Caitlin was really really annoying while she was alive. She was reckless and she just didn't really "get it". But the more the movie went on, the more she seemed like a real person and the more I was sort of sad that she was you know, dead. Even though she probably would had still been a reckless asshole if she was. Patrick... well Chad you know, plays a really good heart broken / tortured soul and that's what Patrick was. He was broken over the fact that Sloane just up and left him (in the worst way, let me tell you...) and that was it. He probably never got closure or an explanation and while he was happy to see Sloane he was hesitant. 

Christmas Cupid was a pretty cheesy sort of over dramatic movie but overall I enjoyed it and I wanted to see Sloane get it together and realize that what her and Patrick was was real! I thought it was sort of ironic that Christina Milian played in Ghost of Girlfriends Past and now SHE was Conner in her own similar movie lol. Also, does anyone else think that Christmas movies are more depressing than uplifting? lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment