Monday, November 28, 2011

Sweet November
Released: Feb 16th, 2001
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Run Time: 119 minutes
Source: Netflix
Summary (IMDb):
Nelson is a man devoted to his advertising career in San Francisco. One day, while taking a driving test at the DMV, he meets Sara. She is very different from the other women in his life. Nelson causes her to miss out on taking the test and later that day she tracks him down. One thing leads to another and Nelson ends up living with her through a November that will change his life forever. 




Sweet November had that sort of resemblance to older romance movies like You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle.

Nelson is having a pretty crappy day, but he also kind of comes off as a total workaholic about to have a meltdown. He loses his job, his girlfriend leaves him, and to top it all off... he meets this strange (and can I just say how beautiful Charlize's eyes are?) girl named Sara who just won't leave him alone. He doesn't really understand why she wants to help him so bad (when he insists he doesn't need any help -- but clearly he does) but he goes along with it.

I sort of have this problem with Keanu Reeves... he seems so... emotionless all the time. Sure, it worked for Matrix but I mean, man. I don't know, is it just me? I'm not saying Nelson sucked, but sometimes he was just... awkward. Sara was a fantastic character, she was full of life and everything she did was with all she had left. I admired how much she loved life. Chaz was also a great supporting character, his friendship with Sara was unique and one of a kind. I wish I had a friend like that in my life.

I loved that this movie was filmed in San Francisco, it's kind of cool to see what SF was like back then because even if it's only been 10 years (even though I feel like this movie was filmed way before 2001), SF has changed, a lot. It was also nice pointing out streets and beaches and places and me and my husband trying to shout out the location first lol. It wasn't one of those films where they say they're from a city and they're really nowhere near that city. No, this film was literally filmed in San Francisco, at least the majority. The credits say there's some filmed in Daly City (which is pretty much South City -- South San Francisco -- so technically it's sort of still SF area) and San Rafael, but it's still pretty much San Fran.

There really isn't much to say about Sweet November except that it was a cute romance about how just one month and one person can completely change your life and make you see things that you were blind to seeing before. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment