Monday, November 21, 2011

One of my recent obsessions is Spotify (I wasn't sure if this would go under Media Monday or Friday Finds...)


I don't know why my screenshot's always end up so tiny... but if you've living under a rock (like I have), you might not know what Spotify is. 

Basically, Spotify is a music player. It has the interface of iTunes but it works like imeem, if any of you remember that site. You basically find tracks and make play lists for them. It's pretty fun, but it might just be because I like being organized like that. The only disappointment I have with this is that not all tracks I like are on the database. I'm sure as time goes on they will add more since I assume Spotify is fairly new.

Another cool thing about it is that you can sync it to your Facebook (like everything else in this world...) and share your recently played songs with your friends page. You can't however stream it on your phone if you don't pay for a special type of membership. You get a 14 day free trail though and while it is pretty cool to take your play lists with you, the streaming quality could be better. Most songs do smoothly play but other songs tend to skip.

I really like the idea of this, I just hope that they're still working on adding more old school tracks too! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment