Monday, January 3, 2011

Avalon High
Released: November 12th, 2010
Studio: Disney
Run Time:
Source: Netflix
Summary (Wiki):
Allie Pennington (Britt Robertson) is transferred to a new school (Avalon High) where she discovers that her new classmates are reincarnations of King Arthur and his court. Now her mission is to solve the school's mystery before Mordred wins again. 











o0.| My Thoughts |.0o

Okay, I agree, at first this movie looks kinda lame. But as soon as Miles gets on and starts talking dumb to Marco, that totally hooked me in. A nerd talking back to a bully? Go Miles! And can I just gush over Miles for a bit? I loved his character! He was "fearless" in a sense and I thought that made him super cool. I really liked Allie's character too, she always did what was right even and didn't care about anything else. I totally admired that. Lance and Jen? They coulda been a little more secretive. I mean seriously, are you guys that stupid? Totally hated Marco, wanted to grab him through the screen and beat his face in.

The plot is a bit predictable (but there is one super huge... or two, twists that I didn't see coming), the romance is a bit cheesy but overall, I really enjoyed this movie! 

Also, it's based on Avalon High by Meg Cabot! I thought that was awesome too :)

(Can I just say, not related to this review... that it's super windy here -- I'm actually writing this on the 2nd -- and the wind is scaring the crap out of me. It's like, whistling and that's not cool. Bad wind! Bad!)

2 comments:

  1. I never read the original books but I'm dying to see this show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw it was available on netflix but skipped it for Camp Rock 3 instead! ended up falling asleep 5 minutes in :) I wonder if it followed the book very well ? Guess I'll have to find out!

    ReplyDelete