Monday, January 24, 2011

So I've been sick all week and that's no fun. It's also not fun being sick and having a 6AM shift, in the cold, with two hours of sleep and a dose of NyQuil. Yeah, wasn't fun. But I survived! And so I treated myself to a coloring book. 


This is what I've been doing after work. We have a coloring table at my work where kids can color while their parents look around and I got jealous so I bought my own coloring book lol! It's helping me to relax though.

Anyway, January is a slow reading month for me, as you can probably tell (and I know I shouldn't feel guilty because it was my resolution not to, but seriously, I can't help it!), I haven't finished not one book in all of January. I usually come home from work, eat (only because my husband forces me to) and knock out. I'm still trying to get the hang of things, but it's hard when they throw your work times all over the place! I'm reading two books right now though: Wish and The Iron Witch. Which I'm hoping to finish both by the end of the week. I can get through two books a week! Right?!

Other than that, I'm having a blast working for Disney. I don't get much time off to get lost in the parks, but I hope to soon! Life's a little harder here with no car, but I'm also trying to figure those things out as I go along. I also never realized how much groceries really cost until I didn't have my parents to fall back on. Ack. Seriously, we spend $50 on groceries and it's all gone within like, a week. Or it expires. Or something! Ahh, it's insane!

I hope all of you are doing well and I hope to get back into the swing of things in February! Wish me luck lol.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you work with Disney?? AWESOME! What do you do exactly? I gather that you work in a Disneyland? That's sounds like a dream job to me.

    I really like your personal posts. It's nice to take a peek into someone else's life. (Not in a stalkerish way, of course. ;)

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate being sick like that too, and it's just miserable. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete