Monday, July 19, 2010

Tuck EverlastingTuck Everlasting
Released: Feb 25th, 2003 (DVD)
Studio: Walt Disney Video
Run Time: 90 minutes
Summary (amazon):
Walt Disney Pictures' TUCK EVERLASTING, a timeless and enchanting adventure about one girl's magical summer, will captivate audiences of any age. Young Winnie Foster, stifled by the formality of her proper life and domineering mother, escapes into the woods only to get lost. Soon she happens upon Jesse Tuck -- a boy full of life and adventure who's unlike anyone she's ever met -- and falls in love. The Tucks, a kind and generous family, have a powerful secret -- a spring that holds the magic of everlasting life. And now Winnie must choose to live life as she knows it or drink from the spring. It's a life-affirming adventure that will cast its irresistible spell over you again and again.



My husband suggested I watched this in hopes it would help me write my story. I guess it's odd to say I'm a huge Disney addict and I've never seen this movie before. And even worse that I had absolutely no idea what it was about...

Winnie Foster lives the "proper life" and with a wealthy family and she hates it (I personally would hate to had been born in those days, I can't stand proper)! Her family tries to send her off to school and feeling misunderstood she ventures off into her family's woods for a walk. There she runs into Jessie Tuck, who's drinking from a spring in a water. After a brief confrontation she's whisked away by his older brother Miles who's claiming that no one is an exception (honestly, if you ask me, had his older brother not acted so crazy, maybe it wouldn't had been such a big deal. I mean come on, it's just a spring it's not like she assumed there was something wrong with it)!

I loved Mae, of all the characters, she was my favorite. I loved the adventures Winnie and Jessie went on together and I loved Miles' story. Oh! And I also loved the scene where Winnie free's Mae and Tuck! I didn't expect much from this movie, but I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. It's the perfect summer time movie filled with adventure, love and deciding what you want to do with your life and where you want to go. I'm glad Winnie got to do what she wanted with her life as I didn't agree with her parents actions prior to her missing. And I hated how her mother didn't believe her, if you're asking the story from someone who was indeed the one who the situation is about, you don't shout "she doesn't know what she's talking about!" it's just rude! Just because she isn't saying what you wanted to hear. Seriously, I wanted to smack her mom. Crazy bi... okay, whatever lol. The ending was bittersweet for me, but I think it fit right. There is no doubt that I won't watch this movie again :)

1 comment: