Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A weekly event on my blog where I post about books (not necessarily pre-release or new) that I've just added to my wishlist, along with a little blurb on why I want to read it (hosted by Book Chick City & Breaking the Spine). I got came across this from Angel's blog.

Fairest of All: The Tale of the Wicked Queen
By: Serena Valentino
Published: August 18th 2009
Details: Hardcover, 256 pages
Summary (Good Reads):
For anyone who's seen Walt Disney's Snow White, you'll know that the Wicked Queen is one evil woman! After all, it's not everyone who wants to cut out their teenage step-daughter's heart and have it delivered back in a locked keepsake box. (And even if this sort of thing is a common urge, we don't know many people who have acted upon it.)

Now, for the first time, we'll examine the life of the Wicked Queen and find out just what it is that makes her so nasty. Here's a hint: the creepy-looking man in the magic mirror is not just some random spooky visage-and he just mighthave something to do with the Queen's wicked ways! 



This is on my wishlist because you don't hear about the villains much. I'm a huge huge HUGE Disney fan and I'm also a huge Disney villain fan. It's always interesting to see why someone ended up Wicked. Kinda of like The Wicked Witch of the West in Wizard of Oz (I'm also a huge Wizard of Oz and Wicked musical fan. Elphaba was misunderstood)! I'm excited to get my hands on this book and start reading it!

1 comment:

  1. I keep wanting to buy this one, too! I saw Wicked three times down in LA, but I have been dying to see it in SF!

    ReplyDelete